121Space

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Free Technical and Computer Books 121 WOW!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
left > Tips on Creating a Professional Resume, Tips on Creating a Professional Resume seperator Options V right
nancy0725
post Sep 3 2013, 09:36 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members 2
Member No.: 32,736

Do you need help with how to write a resume, how to create a professional resume?

First of all, your resume needs to be consistent, concise, and clear and easy to read. If it's not, your resume and cover letter won't get a second glance from any hiring manager.

Second, Your resume needs to be professional and polished, because if you don't have a professional resume, your application materials probably won't get a second glance from any hiring manager.

I've seen resumes that are riddled with typos. I've seen resumes that are inconsistent - bullets in some places, dashes in others, bold in some headings, plain text in others. One of the worst examples of a supposedly professional resume was a resume on bright green neon paper. That one was sent via FedEx, so I would be sure to notice it. Your resume, to be effective, needs to be consistent, concise, and clear and easy to read.

Writing a resume is hard work and it's important to get help (You can easily find resume help from onebuckresume), or at least have your resume reviewed, before you send it to employers.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th August 2017 - 03:05 AM