My son is just like a gift from God, I love him dearly. Recently I just gave a speech, the title is "Lesson From My Son"
Lesson from my Son
Ladies and Gentlemen. What would come to your mind, when I mention “a four year old little boy”, Adorable? Cute? Cuddly? But one thing really stands out, he never stops asking questions, in fact, he never stops at anything, he just never, never gives up.
One day, my son and I went to Costco. When we passed this toy aisle, he stopped and stared at this toy. “Daddy, Can I have this Power Ranger Mystic Force?” “No” “Daddy, Please!” “No!” I grabbed his hand and dragged him away. One week later, we returned to the same store. The moment we walked into the store, he immediately ran away, “Where is he going?” I wondered, but I had to run after him. He stopped at the exact same spot holding this toy. “Daddy, Can I have this Mystic Force, please? I am your best friend.” “No”. As I was bending down to put the toy away, he quickly put his little arms around my neck, “Daddy, I love you” “Umma” “Umma”. I looked at him thinking to myself, “You just never give up, do you?!”. Here comes the power ranger mystic force.
One day before my son turned 5, and two days after I took the training wheels off his bike. I decided to take him off road for a joy ride. As I expected, he just loved the rough ride on this dirt road. “Bombu, Bombu, …”. Every time he went over a pothole, he was so excited, “Daddy, look”. Looking at him, I was filled with fatherly pride and joy. “Bombu, Bombu, …” “Bang!”, “This does not sounds right”. I looked over and saw my son laid flat on his face with his bike over his body. I waited, hoping that he would just get up and ride again like he always did. I waited and waited, after a few agonizing moment, he was still not moving. This did not look right, so I started walking towards him. As I were getting closer, I saw my son raised his head and saw me coming, “Wa….”, suddenly, he bursted into this gigantic cry. My heart sunk, I dashed to his side at speed faster than light. I got him up and hold him in my arm, and I saw his bloody nose. I quickly took out my disaster recovery plan, it said “your wife is going to kill you”. My heart sunk even further. I looked at my son in my arm and asked, “Are you OK”, “Yah”; “Can you ride your bike?” “No”; “Can you walk?”, “Yah”. As we were walking home silently, thousand thoughts went through my head, my fatherly pride and joy turned into fatherly guilt. I shouldn’t, I shouldn’t!! Then I heard this little voice “Daddy, I want to ride the bike.” I could not believe what I just heard, “Son, you want to ride again ?!”, “Yes, Daddy”, “Are you sure?!” “Yes! Daddy!” . Off you go, “Bombu, Bombu, …” “Yah, this is my son”. My fatherly pride and joy returned in full. Here comes my little hero.
So next time when you stumble and fall, get up even you had to cry for help, just never, never give up.
British Prime Minister, Winston Churchill, once said, “Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense”. Without his conviction, the outcome of the World War II might be completely different; without his conviction, the world we live today might be completely different.
“Never, never, never, never give up”, this is the conviction of a great man, and this IS the lesson from my son.
1. Why water are wet?
2. Why need a mouth to eat food?
1. How do you drive backwards?
2. Why the leafs all fall down?
3. Why door is not triangle?
4. Why door is rectangle?
5. Why whistle can blow louder?
6. Why tree (branches) move around (in the wind) ?
7. Why 6 + 4 and 5 + 5 are all 10?
!. Why elephant has big teeth?
2. Why that airplane has no missle? (I saw that in the air and space museum)
3. Why car need gas for ?
4. Why you have forehead?
5. Why monster don't have forehead?
6. Why elephant has big teeth?
7. Why bus supposed to be always to be like that?
8. Why car keep stopping (in the traffic)?
9. Why your car has a clock in it?
10. Why they don't let you turn around here (No U-turn sign)?
11. Why the monster want to be sad?
12. Why this car, that is van?
13. Why ghost come out from the night?
14. Where shadow come from?
15. Why shadow keep copying me go?
1. It is not dark time, why car need (brake) light?
2. Why so many cars (on the road)?
3. Why monkey bar? Can we get monkey up there ?
4. Why this (the gas tank) is on the side (of the car), not on the back?
5. Why you have knee right here? (pointing to his own knee).
6. Why snow make snowball, and you can throw it?
7. Why there is uphills and downhills (because I am playing my scooter) ?
1. What that thing (life jacket) can float, and not go under?
2. Why girl play with girl, why boy play with boy?
3. How spider make spiderweb?
5. Why superman is not a baby?
6. Why blanket for cover?
7. Why mustache grow long?
8. Why water fall down?
1. Why Sun makes everything dry?
2. Why bike has a seat? see I can ride like this (standing up without the need of seat).
3. Why there is an ant?
4. Why rabbit jump?
5. Why brush (teeth) make dirt off?
6. Why you can't talk when you eating?
7. Why chicken has bone?
8. Why car has drive (steering) wheel?
9. Why the jet doesn't need spinning around like helicopter?
10.Why helicopter doesn't fly like a jet?
11.Why everyone wear glasses, not me?
12.Why glasses has glass?
1. Why it (wheelbarrow) has one wheel?
2. Why little kids don't have (wear) glasses?
3. Why uniform supposed to be for school?
4. Why baby doesn't know (how) to ride big bicycle?
5. Why my bike has 4 wheels (with 2 training wheels)?
6. What happens (if) my bike has 5 wheels?
7. Why airplane has two wings?
8. Why car can not fly?
9. Why in Harry Potter, car can fly?
10. Why they (airplanes) hide the wheels (after take off) ?
1. Why it is cold?
2. Why motorbike does not have pedal? (like the one on my bike)
3. Why motorcycle has two wheels, and car has four wheels?
4. Why it is dark outside (at night)?
5. Where is the Sun going?
6. Why thunderstorm?
7. Why girls don't like boom boom game (the action shooting computer game)?
8. Why girls don't like scary stuff?
9. Why boy stronger than girl?
10. Why soldier wear hat?
11. Why solder want to wear uniform?
12. Why policeman wear hat?
13. Why smoke coming out of (the back of a jet) airplane?
14. Why truck doesn't fly?
15. Why we doesn't fly?
Questions from a 5 year old boy
"Lesson from my Son" by Daddy
Questions from a 4 year old boy in December
Questions from a 4 year old boy in November
Questions from a 4 year old boy in October
Questions from a 4 year old boy in September
Questions from a 4 year old boy in August
Questions from a 4 year old boy in July
Questions from a 4 year old boy in June
Questions from a 4 year old boy in May
My Gallery Albums